Do your part with these tips & tricks & keep dirty water out of Beargrass Creek!
As part of the pledge, get started right now with these quick tips. Thank you for doing your part!
- Limit my laundry and other water intensive activities on rainy days – and the day after.
- Install low water use hardware in my home – EPA WaterSense Products
- Install one or more rain barrels and use them – MSD Green Solutions Information
- Disconnect my home’s downspouts and let that water sink into my yard – MSD Downspout Disconnect Program
- Reduce or eliminate my lawn chemical use – EPA Lawn & Garden Best Practices
- Scoop pet waste immediately from my yard and neighborhood – EPA Pet Waste Reduction Recommendations
- Keep trash and debris (leaves etc.) away from storm grates in my neighborhood
- Plant native plants in my yard to soak up rainwater
- Spread the news! – tell your friends what you’re doing and share this pledge on social media, by text or over a good ole’ cup of coffee.
- Volunteer for creek cleanups- View upcoming KWA and BCA Events!
- Make sure my car doesn’t leak oil or fluids
- Install a Rain Garden or bioswale in my yard – MSD Rain Garden Handbook (PDF)
- Encourage green infrastructure in new construction in my neighborhood and city
- Use pervious pavers or concrete for walkways and driveways – EPA Soak Up the Rain: Permeable Pavement
- Host a creek clean-up – American Rivers: Organize Your Own River Clean-up
- Host a native tree or plant planting at your home or a friends home – Kentucky Native Plant Society
Tell a friend!